Already have an account?
Gulf Coast's Regular Print submission period is now closed until Sept. 1st.
The annual Gulf Coast Prizes are now closed. Many thanks and best of luck to all of our 2015 entrants. Stay tuned for the 2015 Barthelme Prize and the Gulf Coast Prize in Translation (Prose).
GC Online Exclusives accepts (previously unpublished) poetry and prose submissions year round. Guidelines are as follows:
Poetry: Up to 5 poems or 5 pages per submission
Prose: Fiction, Nonfiction or Lyric Essays. 1 piece per submission of 1000 words or less, please.
Submission Manager Instructions
If you already have an account, you do not need to use this form.
Please login using the form on the left.
- Fill in your name and contact information.
- If you're submitting for someone else, enter that person in the "writer name" field. Otherwise leave that field blank.
- Fill in the title(s) of the work(s) you are submitting. Separate titles with commas, abbreviating when necessary.
- Select the genre of your submission by clicking the drop-down menu in the "Genre" field.
- Use the browse button to find the file you'd like to submit. All work being submitted should be attached as a single file. Contest entries should not include a cover letter or personal information. Select your file (.rtf, .doc, or .pdf only please) and click on the open button.
**Important** File names must only contain letters, integers, underscores and spaces, according to our submissions manager conventions. Ex: "Franks Wagon.pdf" rather than "Frank's Wagon.pdf." Not following the correct file naming conventions will result in a redirect to an error/404 page.
- Whether making a general submission or entering the contest, please paste your cover letter into the comments field, then click submit.
- You'll have the option to review your information and confirm that it's correct. Hit continue and you're done.
- If you need to withdraw an individual poem or story from a multi-poem or multi-story submission
Please edit the "comments" section to reflect which particular piece you are withdrawing. Please direct further inquiries regarding submissions edits via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "[Nature of Inquiry]: Firstname Lastname" in the subject line, and if relevant, the title(s) of the works to be withdrawn in the body of the e-mail, along with the genre.